cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ooomph to Volt

miket3
On our wavelength

I so regret signing up for Ultimate Volt when my Ooomph contract ran out.  The retention team sold the volt package with all sorts of promises which were total lies, just intent on keeping my business.  

Inclusive Netflix was attractive

Saving me money, but it was two months before it happened, costing me £20 for Netflix during that two months.  Virgin refused to refund the Netflix cost.

Broadband boost from 600 to gig.  Didn't happen and when the contract came through there was no mention of gig!  I now notice my app quotes my broadband speed as 631? Was this invented as one step up.

TV 360 sounds excellent.  I rang customer services for tv360 and was told that I didn't need a new box but they would send me three new remotes which would convert my v6 box to tv360, and while talking to her she said. "That's it, I have placed the order. They will be with you in 7 to 10 days." You guessed, they never arrived and when my account showed 'no open orders', I rang customer services and they confirmed there were no orders open.  I was told she would investigate and get back to me.  Heard nothing yet, and that was 6 weeks ago. My account still shows no open orders.

I have been with Virgin for around 5 years and they have always been a bit inefficient, but they have always given a good product.  They now lie and cheat.  I didn't realise it was so bad until I read all the problems on this forum. EXACTLY THE SAME AS MINE!  I am an easy going person, and always give benefit of doubt, but I'm sorry Virgin, you have lost all credibility, and Trading Standards will be receiving a lot of complaints.  

Ultimate Volt includes a major relationship with O2, forcing people out of a mobile contract with excellent Virgin/EE, and into a terrible contract with O2 whose signal strength and coverage is the worst in the UK.

Another nail in the coffin.

1 REPLY 1

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey miket3, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. 

Unfortunately we have stopped offering Ooomph contacts now and replaced them with the ultimate VOLT packages.

we also no longer use the EE network for our mobile signal. 

With the 360 boxes a V6 box can be upgrade into one and we would just send you a remote, however looking on at our end I can see you you had a tech visit out to resolve this. 

I am sorry about what you have been told and advised.

I can also see your Netflix has been logged with IT and this looks as its resolved now.

Please can you pop back and confirm to me this is the case. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?