Menu
Charlied1979
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Oomph speed slow

2126B5B5-3A77-448D-9A26-6BE44394AD1D.png

I have upgraded to oomph package because of the issues with my speeds dropping all the time when gaming etc and I have now lost my old speed and it’s stuck between 130-180 and my old package was 220 not happy chap what the hell virgin and I hate trying to phone them is this common issue

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph speed slow

Did you get a new Hub with the package change? What Hub do you have? What speed package are you on?

Also, is this only on wifi connections - what do you get on ethernet cable connections

It would be worth trying a “pinhole reset” - make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

See if that sorts it.

Also, look in the Hub settings at the "Configuration Data" page and see what numbers are in the "max data transfer rate" boxes - these are in bps not mbps this will show whether the upgrade has been properly applied

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Charlied1979
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

They said they could do it with my old hub3 but I’ve now received an email stating they are sending me a returns package etc I don’t know I’ll attempt to call them in cause chat isn’t working again

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums,

Have you swapped the hubs or been in touch with the team since your post?

I'm unable to view your connection details via remote diagnostics.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Charlied1979
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying to get them I’m having to reset my hub every couple days now to get a good signal but I’ll keep trying them I can’t connect to my hub either remotely or through Ethernet 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for updating @Charlied1979 

I have been able to locate your account and I cannot see anything that could be causing an issue as everything appears to be in spec. I can see there are quite a lot of devices connected at the moment on WiFi. Can I just clarify what you meant when you said you couldn't connect to your hub remotely or via Ethernet? 

Thank you very much! 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Charlied1979
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have managed to connect to setting now that’s ok now look at the last 3 checks with 5 mins and that’s 5 items using broadband and that was 548 i then decided to double check just in case I thought I was seeing things and it had decided to drop again attached proof something isn’t right no one can tell me different now 

7903F820-0BD4-4611-B35E-A148623C6A6E.png

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me @Charlied1979

Is this a test via WiFi? We aren't able to guarantee WiFi speeds as there are many different variables in your home which we cannot control. Our minimum guaranteed speed is the speed to the Hub, which is why we ask you to perform an Ethernet speed test. 

I know you have mentioned you are unable to connect via Ethernet, is this because you have no devices that can do so or because you do not have an Ethernet cable? If you don't have a cable I can send one out for you? 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Charlied1979
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well according to Virgin I should not go below 315 a take it that’s a lie to sell people then they reassured me on phone I would get those speeds see attached pic and I haven’t got anything to attach cable to 

C6C91B19-E850-47B8-9F81-F29E9259CA91.jpeg

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm unable to see the full text for this image but this is the guaranteed minimum speed to the router, which you would need to test via an Ethernet connection. Again I am so sorry but we are unable to guarantee WiFi speeds. 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

0 Kudos