Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Only one bonded/downstream channel

HI,

Since yesterday I have lost all bit one upstream and one downstream channel resulting in ridiculously slow speeds. I have contacted support and all they say is there is no problem, perform reset and it will sort itself.

Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only one bonded/downstream channel

"Contacting support" usually means VM's diabolical third world call centre, who (to judge by the responses reported in these forums) don't even know what cable broadband is.  Luckily the VM staff who patrol the forum do, and they're helpful, and UK based, so there's hope for you yet.  If you wait a while they'll pick this up (can be a day or two), in the meanwhile if you post the hub's Upstream, Downstream and Network log from the status page they'll be able to see what's going on.  If you don't, I believe they can interrogate the hub remotely anyway.

Almost certainly you'll need a technician visit unless its an area fault (doesn't sound like one), either way they can advise. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

support have been terrible, despite advising everything that i have found on th boards they still cant help. they also wont pass me to tech support in swansea who i know will rectify the issue post haste.

The kids are going mad as they cant stream or do anything....

any mods reading this please go ahead and fix my line!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I had that from Sep 2018 till May 2019 and it was outside in the PIT with a  main part that was broken but patched up by last engineer, the new engineer said to me whoever left it like that the last time should be sacked.

It did not really effect my DL as I could get enough UL bandwidth to give me the full speed download but my upload was not near the 20Mb/s max at that time (now 35Mb/s).

That is why I was a few days from my cancellation date going through as final as I got told on phone many times it was my end inside my home that was issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@taffyposh wrote:

support have been terrible, despite advising everything that i have found on th boards they still cant help. they also wont pass me to tech support in swansea who i know will rectify the issue post haste.

The kids are going mad as they cant stream or do anything....

any mods reading this please go ahead and fix my line!

swansea closed a while ago and we are stuck [mostly] with offshore - check the coax is tight - if it is do a reset and see if that helps - it looks like an external fault - may sort itself - if not wait here for VM to get some sense

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi tafftyposh, 

Can you confirm if you are still having issues with this as we made need to PM 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI Chris,
Yes stiill the same, engineer coming monday morning, but doesnt help with the screming kids wanting to play fortnite.

Will update after monday... offshore think its the hub.... I would be surprised asI have had this hub sice the trial and it has been rock solid!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can appreciate waiting till Monday ins't ideal when the kids want to use the internet, I'm sure the engineer will have this sorted on Monday though, keep us posted. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mod Team,

Engineer fixed in 45 minutes... new hub required my super hub 3(original test unit!) has been replaced. Engineer was super helpful... thank youl

0 Kudos