Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only getting 80Mbps download on LAN (Cat6) M350

Tried new cable, same slow speeds. I have posted all my hub logs for review.

For clarification I have tried modem mode and this results in speeds of around 50Mbps which is really strange. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I'm also having the same issue with M350, when Modem mode is OFF I get the faster speeds but no external IP  187Mb / 30Mb 

With Modem mode ON I get the external IP but really slow speeds   20Mb / 3Mb  

Just spent the last hour on the phone with a helpful guy in Manchester (thank God) but we've reached his limit of what he can do. 

It has to be something to do with the VM Router and the Modem mode option

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Or it has to do with the WAN IP your getting?

Try modem mode again under another MAC to get a new WAN IP and see what speed you get.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Can I please get some more assistance. My speeds are still rediculously slow and I have changed cables, reset router, tried multiple devices, can a virgin tech check the logs posted and tell me if there is an issue with the hardware. I have been told by a technician the line is fine. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

While we wait for someone to comment on the logs, what Model Mac are you using? Also have you tried different browsers? See this thread from a fellow Mac user with a similar issue
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Etherent-speed-slow/m-p/3912102#M202773

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos