Menu
Djhudz93
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Only getting 20mbps or 100mbps

Hi I had my internet installed on Friday and I'm only getting 20 to 107mbps when I'm ment to be getting 500mps not sure what's going on 

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only getting 20mbps or 100mbps

Hi Djhudz93,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post. I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with your broadband speeds, I'd be happy to take a closer look into this with you.

In completing initial investigations, I haven't been able to identify any real issues with the network in your area or the service entering your property. Everything appears to be within acceptable levels and there's nothing which would be an immediate cause for concern.

However, it does appear that you have one or two devices in your home which are too close to your hub. Our systems are reporting that these are causing potential interference with your wifi signal, therefore impacting speeds or the range of the connection. Do you have a 1m clearance around your hub? Is there anything nearby which could be connected via ethernet rather than wifi to reduce the demand?

Could you also let me know whether you've performed these speed tests on a wired or wireless device? Tests done on a wired connection give a more accurate idea of what's entering the hub and give us a more solid starting point for diagnostics. It's also useful to bear in mind that console speed tests are notoriously inaccurate and it's best to use a site such as speedtest.net on a laptop or PC/Mac using an ethernet cable to get the most reliable result.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos