Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Only 40mps download

I have virgin 200, which I assume would give me circa 200 MPs download, yet the max seems to be around 40 MPs ? Can anyone explain if my expectations are wrong. I thought it was legal now to supply the correct download speed for which you are paying. Thanks in advance, Mark.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only 40mps download

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may not be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned 

...................................................................................................................

Are you testing with wifi or ethernet cable connection?

...................................................................................................................

Type 192.168.0.1 into your browser URL bar and press enter.  When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’. Copy and paste the contents of each tab onto here, a Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only 40mps download

Mike is right... test it first on a GB enabled laptop on a Cat5e/6 ethernet cable connection directly into the Hub.
As an example on wifi .... my Macbook Air and iPhone7 both get 220mbps on my Vivid200 wifi connection - but only when I put them onto the 5GHz network. Sat in the same spot if I then flick them over to the 2.4GHz network, they max out at 70-80mbps - it's just the limitations of the technology!
What devices are you using and are they on the 5GHz band ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos