Menu
steve_2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Only 40mb instead of 250 download speeds

Wondering if anyone can help before i book engineer. 

As title says been gettin 40mb instead of 250 download speeds.  So i removed splitter which is used for router and tv. Connected router directly to main coax cable and speeds work fine. 

But obviously i would like virgintv to be working at same time. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only 40mb instead of 250 download speeds

@steve_2020 wrote:

Wondering if anyone can help before i book engineer. 

As title says been gettin 40mb instead of 250 download speeds.  So i removed splitter which is used for router and tv. Connected router directly to main coax cable and speeds work fine. 

But obviously i would like virgintv to be working at same time. 

Thanks 

When you connect the additional device the power levels are probably out of spec.

An engineer will need to check the power levels when all your kit is connected to the coax from the VM wall socket.

0 Kudos
steve_2020
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

will that require  me to now book a engineer to come out or is that something that can be done via tech support? thanks for reply by the way

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@steve_2020 wrote:

will that require  me to now book a engineer to come out or is that something that can be done via tech support? thanks for reply by the way

They will adjust the power levels in the local cabinet, by physically visiting the cabinet.

Do you have anything like this connected between the HUB and cable to the wall socket?

0 Kudos
steve_2020
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for later response. i just have the main coax cable which plugs into splitter and then 2 coax cables one that goes into router other in back on virgin box. i dont have that metal piece you have between coax cable and router.

Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@steve_2020 wrote:

Sorry for later response. i just have the main coax cable which plugs into splitter and then 2 coax cables one that goes into router other in back on virgin box. i dont have that metal piece you have between coax cable and router.

Thanks for your reply

No worries.

The device reduces the power levels, so if you had one you could have removed it to adjust the levels with the differnet cables in use.

0 Kudos