cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 400Mb on 1Gb connection with Asus RT-AC68U connected

IndieAce
On our wavelength

Hi Guys,
I have a 1Gb connection with a Superhub 4.
I was getting close to my 500Mb with my Asus router and then I decided to upgrade to 1Gb.
And ever since I am now lucky to get 400Mb connected directly to the Asus router with WiFi turned off and no other devices connected by Ethernet cable.
I initially thought it was the connection as I have been told the Attenuation is a bit high, but if I connect a laptop directly to the superhub whilst in modem mode and then obtain a Public IP address I get 860Mb - Now I know thats not 1Gb, and I think thats probably an issue, but I would be happy with that if I could get that through the Asus Router.
I dont suppose anyone else has the same Router (running the latest Merlin FW) in conjunction with the Superhub 4, and has experienced these issues and was able to overcome them by changing some settings?

10 REPLIES 10

IndieAce
On our wavelength

I have tried a few months ago to back it back to the Asus FW, and it was slightly slower - the features on the Merlin FW do make it more worthwhile, but I have also tried to disable most of them and still no improvement.