Menu
Jabbslad
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On M500 but can only UPGRADE to M350?!

I’ve been on M500 for a few years now. I rang up last week to enquire about upgrading to Ultimate Oomph with M600.

The Virgin rep said she would happily upgrade me to Ultimate Oomph but my speed would be upgraded to M350 (!) because “that’s all my area was capable of”. 

When I asked her to check my account she agreed I was on M500 but the computer says I can only get M350 in my area and she cannot override it? When I do the postcode checker that now says M350 is the fastest I can get as well.

My modem config still shows I’m on M500 and I’m getting M500 speeds. Anyone know what’s happening here, is it a mechanism Virgin use to manage contention in the area? (Area 31, Hemel Hempstead).

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: On M500 but can only UPGRADE to M350?!

Not sure what's going on with the system but as far as speed is concerned, you won't see much difference from M500 to M600 to be honest.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
Jabbslad
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Agreed, I was upgrading primarily for the TV and mobile phone, the M600 was a nice to have. I don’t want to do that if it means my speed would drop down to 350mbit though, which is what the rep said.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try again a different rep may well tell you something different!

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Jabbslad
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I rang up again today, this time I got a rep based in the UK who agreed it was weird, after a few minutes on hold she said she could work around it. Thanks
0 Kudos