Menu
ouxhan
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On 350mb getting 90mb

Hi there,

I have 350mb connection however my speed is less than 90mb. 

samsung s9 speed test shows 80-90 next to the modem (hub3) (the only connected device when I checked it and multiple times)

my computer shows 80-90 over Wifi (5ghz 3 meters away from the modem)..

They used to show over 320mb now 90 if I am lucky.. nothing has changed by the way..

I have followed the virgin media speed fix solutions including reboot and checking cables etc..

There is no service problem as well in my area..

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: On 350mb getting 90mb

What is your connection like with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
ouxhan
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for reply.

No ethernet connection. I am only on Wifi..
0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The problem with that is we can't tell if it's an issue with the actual internet connection coming into the house, or with the wifi connection between the hub and your devices. If you connect your PC to the hub via an ethernet cable even for a short time and test the speed and that comes in at the correct value then we can deduce that the wifi has issues (and to be honest if more often than not is the wifi) and advise accordingly.

Otherwise it's all just guesswork and we would be unlikely to get anywhere.

0 Kudos
ouxhan
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am going to test it now on my laptop.. Thanks alot..
0 Kudos
ouxhan
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

Ethernet connected to Laptop shows 330mb
s9 connected to Wifi (In the hub3 settings lists s9 under 5ghz connected devices) shows 85 mb next to the hub

I separated the SSID name _5g and reconnected the S9 shows 330mb.

deleted the _5g SSID name and and reconnected s9 shows 330mb

went outside and cameback S9 shows 90 next to the hub3

disconnect and connect s9 shows 330mb again..

I do not have a speed problem, it is certain and thank you for that however looks like there is another issue with the hub. Even though s9 listed under 5 ghz connected devices it was not.

In the morning when i reboot the hub many times and connect s9 next to it it was showing 90mb. Separating SSID names made a difference in a way but i do not know how.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The HUB attempts to 'smartly' connect each wireless device on the band with the best signal.

I, and others, have found that the HUB is not so smart and devices are using the 2.4Ghz band more than you would expect, which isn't capable of the same speeds as the 5Ghz band.

Leave the SSID separated and connect your devices to the 5Ghz when possible.

0 Kudos
ouxhan
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I believe after some time Hub needs some refreshing!! I receive 350 from every device at the moment

0 Kudos