Menu
verved1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Offered speed increase from 200mb to 500mb for nominal fee. Still no upgrade.

In the 13th of May on my virgin media dashboard I was presented with an upgrade offer to go from 200mb to 500mb.

Online customer service are horrendous and I’ve spent an hour going around in circles arguing.

Have a screenshot but the agent is quite frankly useless.

Which other Avenue can I down?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Offered speed increase from 200mb to 500mb for nominal fee. Still no upgrade.

Do you have a hub 3?

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Offered speed increase from 200mb to 500mb for nominal fee. Still no upgrade.

Good afternoon @verved1 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your speeds upgrade. 

Did you take this off out though your my virgin media account? Did you receive an email confirmation that this would be actioned and if so from what date? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
verved1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply,

Yes I in mwas in my virgin media account and there was a option to upgrade for a nominal fee.

Clicked on filled out a simple form which stated upgrade all set and I will receive an email within 2 days. 

I spent nearly hour arguing with customer service rep  who quite frankly was stuck to script and went around and around in circles despite the screenshot.

I only come back with VM less than 5 weeks and I’ve had the wrong hub installed which I’m still waiting for the replacement (another colleagues been dealing with that on this forum) and now this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If VM are selling you an upgrade to 500 and you have a SH (not a Hub3) then they have to supply you with that Hub at the time of the upgrade.

These are rare as hen's teeth it seems - so they may not have let the upgrade go through for that reason and neglected to tell you that

I hope you havent been paying more monies for this non-existent upgrade. Have you checked your account and bills?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me @verved1 

I will pop you over a PM and I will see what I can do for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos