Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OVH Still slow 10 years later

I have not used VM for 10 years and was hoping that 10 years on they would have fixed their slow sftp to ovh but it is still exactly the same. They must be purposefully shaping this traffic? 

Speed tests come back at 500mbit for me but when I download from my 250mbit server, I get maximum 3mbyte a second, it is very frustrating and might just cancel my VM within the cooling off period if this is still a problem. 

I still find a lot of posts 10 years on talking about slow sftp performance and slow speeds to OVH. 

:(((((((((

Yea, looks like they are shaping any encrypted traffic including through SSH tunnel. Not a reasonable thing to do in 2021. 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: OVH Still slow 10 years later

Seems more of a server problem or how it's been set up. I use a SSL connection to a 300mbs server and get my full 112mbs download speed on a 1 gigabyte connection 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Anoymous. 

Thanks for your post 🙂 

Could you please clarify what you mean here? 

In regard to the slow speeds mentioned, are these affecting both wired and wireless connections? 

I'm sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us, we'd hate to see you go. Any service issues you're having we'll happily assist in getting this resolved. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax_1-1619717240038.png

must be shaped 🙂 

Full speeds for me

0 Kudos