Menu
anglegrinder
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Nothing's gonna stop us now.....

Except appallingly low download speeds  - compared to what's claimed. And loss of connection during Skype calls to family. Come on VM get your act together and give us what you promise. Various different broadband speed checkers struggle to give results over 30Mbps.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nothing's gonna stop us now.....

And your question for us on the Community Help forum is.....?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I liked the song, great band!  👍

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Over a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
anglegrinder
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Why are we not getting what we are told we should be getting?.( And it seems like everyone else on here is having the same problem). Is it ever going to get sorted?
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Your descriptions leave little to the imagination.

What are the issues exactly?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@anglegrinder wrote:
Why are we not getting what we are told we should be getting?.( And it seems like everyone else on here is having the same problem). Is it ever going to get sorted?

I am getting it.  I have no issues. Everyone else is not having problems.  VM has ~5 million BB subscribers there are a few hundred posts on here - by any stretch of the imagination that isn't "everybody.

Everybody who does have a problem and posts on here has an issue either specific to them or with a small group of other users that may have the same issue - a known fault, Hub glitch, (for examples).

So.. if you tell us what your particular issue is we might be able to help you sort it  - if you dont we can't/won't.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
anglegrinder
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

My first post was a light hearted attempt (but apparently people on here don't do light hearted) to draw attention to the comparison between Virgin's "Stay singing stay dancing stay connected" and the reality - dropped connections and low (averaging around 30Mb/s) download speeds. Skype calls repeatedly drop connection. Running the test on the Virgin website says everything is fine. But it isn't. Switching from one website to another suddenly comes up with the message "you are not connected to the internet". This morning (Sunday) the download speed tested at 84 Mb/s - the highest it has been for weeks. We'll see.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Over a wired or wireless connection?

0 Kudos
anglegrinder
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It's wireless. I have to admit that up until a couple of weeks ago  - and for the whole time I've been with Virgin - originally NTL, there have been no problems whatsoever.

0 Kudos