Not recieving stated "average" 200mbps fibre speed
We recently upgraded from an old contract (60mbps fibre), and created a new account as new Virgin Media customer.
We opted for 200mbps. I've checked everything, installation went fine, all the wires are plugged exactly where they need to be (the red ringed fibre wire is in the wall socket, securely and firmly pressed and plugged in, the black end in the router).
As you can see, download is 81.66mbps, whereas the upload is amazing at 21.09mbps.
I saw that, even at peak times as stated here on Virgin Media, it shouldn't be below 100mbps during peak times. However, it has always been between 60 and 80mbps since we installed it yestarday. Did some resets of the router, etc, but no luck.
Either the socket provided in the house is somehow out of date, or the line attenuation is at fault and hasn't been altered in years to be operating much faster.
Re: Not recieving stated "average" 200mbps fibre speed
Cable - I even switched out my ethernet cable for the one supplied by Virgin, but no luck. It does run from the router to a LAN plug socket (uses electrics of the house) and then I have a socket on the opposite end of the living room with another ethernet cable running from that to my PC.
I've tried using speed tests with various mobile phones, even right next to the router (and PC using wireless as it's in the same room), but they only return the exact same speeds.
tl;dr - both ethernet and wireless give same results, with nothing blocking the signal.