Menu
Wellz
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not getting the speed I pay for, for many months...

In the beggining when I first joined, I signed up for 50Mbps and would roughly get that almost each day.

Now for probably more than 5 months, I haven't been getting anywhere close to that as it would hit maximum 30-35 Mbps... And now even with the supposed free boost that I was given to me from 50MBps to 100Mbps I only got the upload speed boost which without a doubt hits near 10 all the time for a 100 Mbps package, however my download speed is always in the 30s.

Also keep in mind I have tried everything to see if I could get my actual speed back, from rebooting to resetting... None of them worked.

I've been hesistant to call given the pandemic situation and found my self in a dilemma with "Is your internet working or not?" but I am a paying customer and I'm wondering whether to continue with this service if I can't even get the speeds paid for let alone promised. 

jukbee
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not getting the speed I pay for, for many months...

I hear you. I am in the same situation. I don't get what I pay for and in the same dilemma like you.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Speedtesting wired direct to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Wellz wrote:

In the beggining when I first joined, I signed up for 50Mbps and would roughly get that almost each day.

Now for probably more than 5 months, I haven't been getting anywhere close to that as it would hit maximum 30-35 Mbps... And now even with the supposed free boost that I was given to me from 50MBps to 100Mbps I only got the upload speed boost which without a doubt hits near 10 all the time for a 100 Mbps package, however my download speed is always in the 30s.

Also keep in mind I have tried everything to see if I could get my actual speed back, from rebooting to resetting... None of them worked.

I've been hesistant to call given the pandemic situation and found my self in a dilemma with "Is your internet working or not?" but I am a paying customer and I'm wondering whether to continue with this service if I can't even get the speeds paid for let alone promised. 

Well, this is a help forum, but in order to help, we need more information from you, as this is your first post, have you read any of the other threads started by other members of the forum, so as to get some idea as to how to proceed ie post results from speedtest.net, set up a broadband monitor, provide working record details from your Hub, are you using a Cat5e or Cat 6 connection wired directly to your Hub. Is there an ongoing fault in your area.  Since most will not profess to be mind readers, they will need that, to begin with.

0 Kudos