Menu
EnterTheGMan
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not getting the 350 speed I pay for

I've noticed recently that I'm only getting about 100 to 150 instead of 350 which is what I pay for.  I had noticed it getting slower and slower ranging from around 300 to 250 but never this slow.  I can see there no problems in my area (or so the system tells me).

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not getting the 350 speed I pay for

wireless or wired?
0 Kudos
EnterTheGMan
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's doing to for both wired and wireless.  I've done a speed test on my desktop which is wired into the hub and it was giving me those speeds.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post EnterTheGMan.

Have you recently ran through a reset of the Hub? This does sound a bit like the Hub may have a bit of a long session going which may have turned into a stale session slowing the speeds. If you could please reset the Hub, through a pin hole reset if possible, and let us know how this goes?

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you think that you have a BB speed problem, then to check the speeds coming in to your Hub properly, and whether they match what you should be getting, you cannot rely on wifi tests, - no BB supplier guarantees those - only speeds "to" the Hub are guaranteed.

So, you need to do it directly.... that's on an ethernet cable (Cat5e/6) connected to a Gb enabled computer/laptop (is your up to it?), with up to date drivers AND with the Hub in modem mode.
Test at speedtest.net to your nearest VM server - try 2 different browsers.
If they are still low – boot the device into safe+networking mode and try again.

Report back what that gets.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Meup93
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is happening to me too sometimes I get 320 wired sometimes 150 wired but never over 200 on wifi had an engineer come he said my devices can't reach speeds over 150 which was definitely a load of rubbish as I can get 320 I just can't understand it I mean the hub 3 is useless I use an Asus rt-ac88u so I know it's quite powerful so I should be getting consistent speeds I use to get 394 off my Asus router wired and 370 WiFi consistently

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You need to start your own thread 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Meup93
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was commenting that I'm having the same issues