are you testing by wire?

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not getting my speed

It's half of my 100mb and often it's even less than 50mb ,and it's been tested on wifi and wired connection as well 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login (unless you have a Hub 3 and this is your first visit to the hub GUI, which does require you to login) but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. If using screenshots be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP or MAC address in the log to protect your privacy.  If you copy and paste the log then the forum will automatically censor this sensitive information.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (will take a few days as they are off for Christmas) and run checks on your line.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aro78,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your post. I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with your broadband speeds, has this improved since reaching out?

In taking a look at the backend of your services, I can't see any cause for concern, or anything which may account for the trouble you've mentioned. If you're still having issues, would you be able to run a check on speedtest.net via an ethernet cable so we can see what speeds are coming into the property? This will help us to narrow down the nature of the issue and then work towards a resolution.

Have you been receiving constant slow speeds, or does it seem to fluctuate or worsen at particular times?

Thanks,

Rachael