cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting my Gig1 Fibre

padcontrol
Dialled in

Hi,

So I purchased the Ultimate Volt this April upgrading from the Ultimate Oopmh.

I currently have a Hub 5 router. I was told at the time the Hub 5 cannot activate the speed upgrade to Gig1 Fibre (I was on M600). I would need a Hub 4 sent out by Virgin Media to activate the upgrade which will be sent to me in June (as they were out of stock) and then send the Hub 4 back and connect up the Hub 5 again.

I rang Virgin today and was told by a very nice agent that I am only on M600, and to get the Gig1 fibre upgrade I would need to pay an extra £6/month.

I verbally agreed and signed a contract for a total price of £99 for the Ultimate Volt which included the Gig1 fibre, and now I'm being told the agent that sold me at that price was wrong and I would need to pay extra.

I of course disagreed and said they are breaking the terms of the contract.

The agent has now sent an email to the contracts team explaining that I agreed to that price for the Gig1 fibre upgrade, and it hopefully gets sorted.

Can someone explain what the heck is going on?

18 REPLIES 18

Thanks alot. Definitely sorted out my issues.

• Gig1 fibre sorted
  • Netflix sorted
  • Wrong bill sorted
  • Price reduction sorted
  • Refund/credit sorted

Now just wish everyone that worked at Virgin was as diligent, knowledgeable, hard working, caring of customers needs and helpful.

Hey there, I will get this done.

I do apologise for the delay, the systems we use for this have changed.

In a short while I will be able to hand over the terms and conditions.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No worries mate. I appreciate everything you've done so far.

Hey there, thanks for chatting with us today.

I truly have to say it has been a pleasure conversing with you, from one topic to another we have managed to get this resolved and have made even better adjustments which has made this experience even better on both ends.
It truly is a memory I will always keep for being able to assist you on all your queries.

As always - if you ever need anything, we're here 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

It's been an absolute pleasure. You are by far THE best agent I've dealt with at Virgin media. You've resolved all my concerns and queries. Gone above and beyond what i expected. On top of that somehow managed to give me a much better deal, that I was not even expecting.

Fingers crossed I don't have ask for any further assistance. If I do, I will surely be looking to chat just to you.

Thank you for everything. Virgin give this person a MASSIVE raise.

Thank you for chatting with us today.

As always, it honestly shows the beauty of clear communication and how it can get any problem resolved between customer and company.
We'll speak soon with the next stages we have placed today.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Couldn't agree more. Pleasure as always.

Wll update once the engineer visit is completed.

Thank you for chatting with us today.

With this issue being more complex than the others, I'm glad we have taken the steps to get this resolved as soon as possibly, and with that we have a plan B ready just in case the issue gets delayed, with all previous queries you have had, we have had them resolved, we are just awaiting this one to be resolved regarding Netflix.

As always - if you need anything, we are always here.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hey @padcontrol, thanks for speaking with us today.

I'm glad that we have assisted with the Wi-Fi pods and have achieved a stable and strong connection throughout the household.
As always - reach out to us if you ever need anything.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team