cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting fast broadband

Slowifi4me
Joining in

Just upgraded to 1gb broadband and hub4 a few days ago but not had speed test over 500mb surely this isn't normal, tried reseting leaving it off for abit so not sure where to go from here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The Hub4 is wifi5 and will alway max ou at below ~600Mbps on a single connection. Two simultaneous connections should get ~500 each and 3 about 320 each - simultaneously.

To get above ~600 - you need to get your own wifi6 router

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Slowifi4me wrote:

Just upgraded to 1gb broadband and hub4 a few days ago but not had speed test over 500mb surely this isn't normal, tried reseting leaving it off for abit so not sure where to go from here.

Wired or wireless devices?

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Most wireless devices aren't capable of 1Gbps.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The Hub4 is wifi5 and will alway max ou at below ~600Mbps on a single connection. Two simultaneous connections should get ~500 each and 3 about 320 each - simultaneously.

To get above ~600 - you need to get your own wifi6 router

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Slowifi4me thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding your broadband speeds.

I've ran some checks and there aren't any issues on the line that I can see, that should be causing drops in performance for you.

Can you please clarify if the speeds are still low, when you use an ethernet cable that's Category 6e or above please, or is it just wifi that's performing slower than expected?

To clarify, we do only guarantee speeds on an ethernet connection and not on wifi, as there are lots of external factors that can affect wifi speeds (device capabilities being the main).

If you do need any further help or guidance though, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi,

All seems fine now just a few black spots which I've tried to order 2 pods from virgin but everytime I go to order some the page doesn't load.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Website is borked.... you have to order them on the phone.

Or a VM person will help you do it on here

--------------------
John
--------------------

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Slowifi4me, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

Have you been able to order the pods since your post?
How is it all looking?
Let us know and we will do our best to help you 🙂
Zoie

Hi Zoie,

Unfortunately not letting me order them any help would be very much appreciated.

Internet is perfect just the blackspots that's causing A few issues.

Hi @Slowifi4me,

Thanks for coming back to us. I will be more than happy to get a WiFi Pod ordered for you, which will help improve any coverage blackspots 🙂

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my PM. 

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your time via PM @Slowwifi4me,

All done! I've ordered the WiFi Pod for you as requested and have advised of the delivery via PM.

Let us know once received. 

All the best!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs