cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting expected speeds (1gig pack)

SkyeMoo
Just joined

To keep it short and simple. I have never gotten over 575mbps on my home workstation or even my work laptop on ethernet using cat8 rj45 cables (overkill, i know). I even bought a second NIC for my desktop in case the port on the motherboard was faulty.

I have also had an engineer out to look. They connected their PDA and boom 1130mbps download speed. They even used Sam Knows and that also confirmed Im getting the speed im supposed to. So what more can I even do? The issue then points to it being my own devices, but as stated. I've used multiple computers and nothing gets speeds above 575mbps. 

Im now about ready to phone customer service and downgrade back to 500mbps as im only throwing away money at this point.

Any ideas? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Put the Hub into modem mode (so no other devices can be connected), connect your laptop/pc to the Hub and than boot the device into safe+networking mode (to disable any potentially interfering software) run the speedtests again at https://speedtest.samknows.com/

See what that gets

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.