Menu
SamJones1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Not getting expected speed M100

Hi,

I've recently joined virgin media and since doing so I massively regret my choice because I'm not getting the speeds promised. 

My internet is seriously inconsistent, I'm paying extra on my phone contract by using my 4G in the majority of my flat because I can only get signal in my lounge (where my hub is) but is still inconsistent. I've been sent my first bill which includes 2 months and activation fee which I am not happy paying due to losing signal every day and multiple outages. 

My hub is on top of a cabinet with no obstructions near it, I've also logged into my hub and split my networks into 2.4 and 5GHz which is slightly better, I've also brought a TP router to use as a signal extender which helped but again, very inconsistent. 

If I knew the connection and speeds would be so inconsistent I would've never joined Virgin Media. 

Can someone help me?

Thanks 

Sam

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not getting expected speed M100

VirginMedia do not promise wi-fi (wireless) speeds, they do try to guarantee minimum speeds as per package when there is a wired connection to the Hub

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not getting expected speed M100

Speed test with a wired connection not a wireless one. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos