cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting 1gbps anymore

atv
Joining in

After last time we had a visit from an engineer, I am not getting the required 1gbps anymore. I used to get around 930mbps or so, in my iPhone 12 Pro Max, and the same wired on a laptop connected to the super hub or the ASUs wifi connected to it.

uplink is between both 2.5gbps ports on either side. I suspect he moved our original cable in the cabinet up the street to a different one.

the usual bandwidth nowadays hovers around 500-600 mbps, so quite a difference.

Would be good if a virgin media engineer could check on their side if anything needs to be adjusted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

Can you confirm if the speed test integrated into the Asus router shows the same?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

carl_pearce
Community elder

Can you confirm if the speed test integrated into the Asus router shows the same?

Well, that’s a good call. That actually does show 940mbps and 104 mbps upload, so it looks like something local in that case.

For some reason my old MacBook Pro is only going up to 800mbps even though connected at 1gbps. iPhone 12 is still only getting 600 but that might be because of certain settings I had to turn off as the ASUs can be a fickle beast when there are a high amount of client connections 😀