Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not as advertised speed

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Virgin are capping download speeds with this corona outbreak or if its something wrong with my account or equipment?

I still have decent speeds as per below (roughly 44 Mbps down and 36.5 Mbps up) but ive been on that download speed for probably a week now, despite paying for the 350 speed. Thats a wired connection and with the superhub in modem mode and instead my own router. 

speed.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Not as advertised speed

Hi,

May be impacted by the fact more people are at home and using it. But shouldn't be capped.

Can you try a pin reset - hold it in for >30secs, leave it 20 minutes then see what speeds you are getting. It will put hub back to default.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the is in auto mode and it looks like your device is connected to the 2..4G channel and not the 5G that is the speed of 2.4G you can split the channel by login to the hub settings by going to a web browser and in the address bar 192.168.0.1 and the password is under the hub the 6 - 8 numbers and go to adv setting wireless and wireless security and change the name that will split the channel pm me if you need help 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kizi, not sure if youd meant to reply to someone elses post with that? 

Im wired, and the hub isnt in router mode its in modem mode 😄

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you tried stripping the network back to basics to see where the issue actually lies.  Remove your router out of the equation and plug your PC back into the sh3 and reset the modem back to default with the pin  hole reset. If the issue still continues then we can run further diagnostics to assist.

Andy, Field Technician working from home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Andy had tried a few different things as local speeds across the network where fine, but it turns out the old factory reset on the hub did the trick that Retro-Tech suggested ... thanks all!

0 Kudos