Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Non existent broadband

My broadband speed is under 1 MBPS compared to what it should be around 250.   It's been like this for over a week now and no one is helping.   I am paying for a service which I am clearly not getting.     Any ideas Virgin?????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Non existent broadband

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible internal and external co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

If everything above is OK we need do some more troubleshooting; to start with …

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish. Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Still having problems with the broadband speed.   Under 2.00 mpbs all the time. 

VIRGIN  WHERE ARE YOU AND WHY DONT YOU HELP ?????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You have three choices ...

1. Let us try and help you,

2. Phone in,

3. Wait for a week or so on here for one of the VM Staff to turn up.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virrinder,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums, many apologies for our delayed response. I'm sorry for the broadband speed issues which you've been experiencing. 

Can you confirm if you checked our service status page as MikeRobbo advised? If you are still having issues, please let us know and we'll do our best to help.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello 

I am still having problems with the broadband speed.   Today on speed test was 2 59 MBPS.    I really don't know why i am paying for something that is not fit for purpose. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@MikeRobbo wrote:

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible internal and external co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

If everything above is OK we need do some more troubleshooting; to start with …

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish. Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am not a technical wizard nor qualified in electronics.

Something is clearly not working and no one at all can help.

May have to get ofcom involved along with  legal action against VIRGIN concerning not fit for purpose act and not of merchantable quality. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

If you post the information asked for in previous posts we might get an insight into your Hub and Connection and then point you in the right direction.

If you don't want to, that is your choice. You will have to wait for one of the VM Staff to come along and then he / she will ask for that information.

As for getting Ofcom involved, that will be a non starter.

If you want to go down the legal route , good luck. Make sure you follow all the (tightly) written protocols in your contract. I will tell you now, they are written tighter than a Camels 4rse in a sandstorm.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Virrinder wrote:

I am not a technical wizard nor qualified in electronics.

Something is clearly not working and no one at all can help.

May have to get ofcom involved along with  legal action against VIRGIN concerning not fit for purpose act and not of merchantable quality. 

If you aren't willing to help us, how can we help you?

Ofcom will probably ask if you've followed the companies' troubleshooting, which you haven't so far, just ignored everyone who has replied to you, even a VM staff member.

0 Kudos