Menu
musicaldec
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No upload speed

Hi there,

Currently paying £71 a month for 200Mb/s download and 20 Mb/s upload.

Download is currently intermittent, ranging from 5-6Mb/s to 200Mb/s and upload is currently hanging at 0.02Mb/s

Honestly my service has been plagued with this issue for months (prior to lockdown also) and am now basically done with Virgin as I rely on my music studio for teaching online lessons and have to keep resorting to tethering my phone data. Been paying way more than I should for something that isn't even reliable. I'd rather cheap out and go with someone else that's unreliable and at least be paying the correct amount for the privilege! Thankfully my contract with Virgin ends in the middle of this month so will be trying Hyperoptic out (£35 for 900Mb/s upload/download!!)

In the mean time does anyone have any solutions to this issue that have worked for them?

Cheers in advance.

Dec

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Pawan_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No upload speed

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician I can give you a few tips for example make sure all connections are tight from the back of the hub to the isolater then do a hard rest which can be found at the back of the hub

All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
musicaldec
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I've now cancelled my internet service with Virgin as I am now into my 5th consecutive day using my phone's hotspot, after an intermittent service over the two months prior to lockdown. Furstratingly my full bandwidth is being dedicated to my download speed, so I'm at 220Mb/s download, with only 0.02Mb/s being used for upload.

I should not have to pay for this final month's service so please could you advise as to how I go about claiming a refund. £71 is a lot of money for me!

Many thanks,

Dec

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you cancelled the service correctly on the phone via the retentions department - it should all be sorted when the final bill is calculated for next month (partial month) and you should receive a cheque.
If you didn't cancel via that route, you will continue to be billed.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You n Watford by any chance?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/05/virgin-media-uk-fault-cuts-uploads-to-nearly-0mbps-in-...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos