Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No speed

Hi

i have a hub 2, and normally get speeds of 109mps download but for the last 3-4 days am struggling to get 10mps which is pretty unusable! I have kids with usual gadgets and it become increasingly difficult to do anything internet based.

I have reset the thing a few times but no better!

I've never been offered an upgrade on the router! 

Please help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No speed

Can you follow this procedure so we can take a look at the connection details. There is a free upgrade scheme running for SH2's - see the link below.

do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends. Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box. Then switch it on again and leave 5 minutes

Then do a Hub “pinhole reset” - but, make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it there firmly for 60 seconds – release the pin then leave the Hub 10’ to stabilise.

Also, post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there. In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] click on the “router status” icon at top right (SH2’s) of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here from the Downstream, the Upstream, & the Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button a second time).

This works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance before calling.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Gweedo and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having. How is your connection running at the moment?

Have you been able to improve your connection from the advice of @jbrennand or have you been able to arrange a hub swap?

If you would like me to look into this further, please let me know and I can help you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no speed change as of yet, supposed to have an engineer out on Friday so will let you know what happens.

Initial test report that there is an intermittent fault.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that you have an engineer visit booked in for tomorrow, let's hope that the engineer can get to the bottom of your issues and restore your connection to its correct speed.

Regards

Steven_L