Menu
davidtrickett
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No internet

Today is the third time in the last week that I have no internet. The previous two came back up in a day or so. I know the hub is ok since I have other devices which use wifi without connecting to the internet and they are fine.TV is ok.

I have other means of connecting(hence this post)and the online tests do not report any problem, and the only option I am given is to book an engineer call, which I have done.

However this will be a complete waste of time - even if someone turns up(and I am not keen on this in the current plague)I am 100% certain that this is a network issue - nothing to do with my kit.

As usual VM does not admit that their system is at fault. Even in normal times it is extremely difficult to get any sense out of VM - now of course it is impossible.

Part postcode is N8 0**

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet

Hi davidtrickett,

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
davidtrickett
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet

Hi Dave

Thanks for this - but I have already tried all these options. Any other ideas?

David

0 Kudos