Menu
beegeeboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No internet or phone DY8

We’ve had very very slow internet, or none at all, and intermittent phone since last Friday. No updates except ‘our engineers are working hard to fix it’. 

Please can someone tell us all (it’s the whole area) what is going on?

Thank you

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet or phone DY8

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually only covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
beegeeboy
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.

There is a reported outage in the area, and I know it’s affecting most users. However, there is only a generic message saying it’s taking them longer than usual to fix. With people having to work from home a little bit of an idea of when things might be back would help.

0 Kudos
njbee
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Same here in DY8.

Been bobbins since last Fri night.

Download speeds between 2-20Mb

Upload speeds generally 0gb

Which means you have no chance of streaming anything! Have had to tether to my work mobile 4G to be able to log in to work.

However, i've just powered the hub off and left it for 5 mins and put it back on and there is progress of sorts.

Download speed still crap @ 12Mb (should be 100+)

Upload speed better @ 9Mb

Over the last week there has been a different issue posted on the service status per day

08 Dec C01162518 - Fix by 1500 

09 Dec C01162519 - Fix by 1500 

10 Dec C01162520 - Fix by 1500 

After 1500 it just goes back to saying that everything is ok. Then about 0800 you get the next issue code!

So 

C01162521 tomorrow then?

Same with all my neighbours (Norton) so it's a more widespread issue, apparently all ok in the Old Quarter though.

The lack of information from VM is infuriating, they can email you about all manner of crap on the TV and endlessly post you mobile phone offers but give you an idea what is wrong with the broadband..... naaaaah!

0 Kudos
beegeeboy
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes it’s the lack of info that’s infuriating. I get that things go wrong but at least give us some idea as to when we can expect service back.

On that note, it does seem to be nearly back to normal here at the moment. 

Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos