cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet after planned works.

kas206
Joining in

Hi. We had planned works in our area yesterday. The internet went down and has not been back up since.  My router is showing a solid white light and I'm unable to reset it using the reset button. The light stays a solid white colour even after holding the pin down for 60 seconds. I had similar issues like this before and the router had to be replaced after an engineer visit due to the router dying. 

Could a mod please look into this for me. I'm in the E10 are of London

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check if the issue is still ongoing - try 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level. The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number if appropriate.

Faults may not be listed on the Area Status web page. Areas are not Geographic” they are "legacy billing" areas) and as such that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers across the country. So 0800 may give you more info, on local issues - but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

kas206
Joining in

I have run the test on the router and get a message saying "looks like the hub isn't connected properly" I have double checked all cables everything is connected properly. 

Im still unable to reset and only get a constant white light 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it ?

A dim white light is normal on a Hub3/4/5 for a good network connection. The Hub4/5 light starts out bright white when just switched on and then goes to dim after a minute or two once connection is made.

So what is yours doing?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

kas206
Joining in

I'm not getting a dim light. Just a bright light when it boots up then stays like that. I'm not getting any flashing of lights during bootup either 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK - check whether the previous issues have been resolved. If nothing shows on either of those 2 then report back here

Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------