cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No increase in upload speed

tda2806
Dialled in

@John_GS I still haven't had the upload speed increase I was promised on the 2-Jun-23, in fact in the last few days it has dropped to 44Mbps!

12 REPLIES 12

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tda2806 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Please do make your own thread in future 🙂 just easier to ensure replies aren't lost in the thread.

I am sorry to hear your upload speed hasn't increased. I'll send you a PM to get some details so I can assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@john_gs You are not being helpful by opening a new discussion. I posted in the "No Upload speed increase.." because multiple users, including myself have posted in that discussion before and a history of the failed attempts by VM to resolve an issue. The issue seems to have been created by the VM marketing team jumping the gun and yet again VM over promising and under-delivering just to ensure VM get good copy into the press.

This test was done via a wired connection to via my own router to a Hub 4 operating in modem mode

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: Swish Fibre - London (id: 34948)
ISP: Virgin Media
Idle Latency: 13.04 ms (jitter: 2.52ms, low: 12.32ms, high: 19.33ms)
Download: 762.21 Mbps (data used: 1.0 GB)
19.23 ms (jitter: 6.38ms, low: 12.76ms, high: 267.35ms)
Upload: 43.75 Mbps (data used: 34.9 MB)
9.08 ms (jitter: 3.97ms, low: 8.07ms, high: 231.79ms)
Packet Loss: 0.9%
Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/dd25ae43-43ad-42bc-8b7b-89172734475b

I am aware that aching a 1Gb download speed cannot be achieved via a Hub 4 in modem mode and I am NOT complaint about that, but when I am promised a 104Mbps upload speed and I get 44Mbps it is unacceptable.

I assure you I am being very helpful 🙂

The reason it's a new discussion is a PM needs to be done so we want to ensure this is not missed. Being on a multiple user thread increases the risk, plus we do ask all Forum users to make their own thread 🙂

I shall send that PM now.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

tda2806
Dialled in

There are 94 threads, updated in the last month, regarding upload speeds and I would suggest there may be several users per thread so let's guess 300 people seem to not be getting what is promised. In my case, I have been told it's my fault as I was operating the Hub in modem mode and it might take many days for the upload speed to improve whilst the Hub updates in router mode. I received my "boost" email on the 2/6/23, it made no mention of the Hub mode required for the update to go through, it simply detailed an off/on power cycle for the boost to be immediately available.

tda2806
Dialled in

Today I have started to achieve 104Mbps upload speed. John_GS should not be trusted for accurate explanations, he assured me that the speed increase would only occur if my Hub 4 was in router mode, my Hub has been is in modem mode and the boost still occured.

You did put the router in router mode @tda2806 and this is what caused the upgrade to go through.

We're glad it's worked and please do pop back to the community if you need further assistance.

John_GS
Forum Team

John, do NOT call me a lier! The Hub was briefly in router mode yesterday whilst one of your colleagues had me carry out a "pin hole reset" when this had been completed, my upload speed remained at 50Mbps and remained there overnight. Your colleague booked a technician's visit for today and in preparation for this the Hub was disconnected so that your technician could have better access to it. When the Hub was powered on again the upload speed had increased to 104Mbps. I repeat the Hub was re- started in Modem mode when the upload speed increased. I re-iterate I do not trust your diagnosis and fault resolution "skills". I would assign negative kudos to your responses if I was able to. 

Yay for the upgrade! You'll notice the benefits, I'm sure. Glad it's over for you, finally.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@tda2806 wrote:

I am promised a 104Mbps upload speed and I get 44Mbps it is unacceptable.

save some upload for the rest of us.

---------------------------------------------------------------