cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No increase after upgrade

muppetofdoom
On our wavelength

Hi, recently upgraded from 200 to 1gig, but speed tests are still showing 200 speeds, any ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@muppetofdoom wrote:

hi, 

its a Linksys EA6700

Having a look around the forum you are not the only one that has had problems with slow speeds with this router. I would suggest if you have a QOS setting or any gaming modes to turn them off but to be honest you would really need a higher end router, it'd personally advise something around the £80-£100 + range.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Which Hub model are you using?

Set your browser to the Hub on 192.168.0.1.   Click on Check router status.  Go to Configuration.  Copy the page as text and paste it here.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi, its in modem mode so used 192.168.100.1 , i think this is what you were after ?

cheers for helping out 🙂 

muppetofdoom_1-1640432675914.png

superhub 4 by the way

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The upstream and downstream have both been correctly provisioned for Gig1

Use the link below and run a speed test using an ethernet cable attached to a PC or laptop with a network card set up for and capable of 1 gig  

https://samknows.com/realspeed/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

....also make sure the Hub 4 is in router mode when running the test or Samknows Realspeed will not be able to detect the router 🙂

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup

hi, 

ok so its something my side, i've tried various cables and pc/laptop with similar results every time 😞   , any ideas ?

cheers,

muppetofdoom_0-1640508947239.png

start with a reboot - leave hub off a few minutes and test again - if no improvement do a full reset - hod the button a good 30 sec - then test again

what are you actually testing on - need to be a pc or laptop with a gigabit card and cat5e cable or better - consoles are nor reliable for speed testing

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi, doing my head in , i've tried using a desktop with gigabit lan and laptop with gigabit lan, when in router mode i can achieve upto around 800, but as soon as i revert to modem mode any of the speed tests that work give me around 200 😞 

cheers,

@muppetofdoom wrote:

Hi, doing my head in , i've tried using a desktop with gigabit lan and laptop with gigabit lan, when in router mode i can achieve upto around 800, but as soon as i revert to modem mode any of the speed tests that work give me around 200 😞 

cheers,

If this is the case the problem is with the router. What router are you using?