cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband or tv

Arleneinglis72
Joining in

I have been with virgin since Nov 2022 and this is now the 4th time my broadband and tv has went down. Very unhappy customer. Was told our service would be 100% better than Sky. The broadband speed would be better than sky. For being a new customer the service is atrocious and you actually can’t even speak to someone to complain. You call the number and everything is automated. Not good enough. If I had known I would have stayed out with sky. 

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you checked the automated status line for known issues? 0800 5610061 is often the best source for postcode-level loss-of-service scenarios.

If nothing's listed, there may be an issue with your specific kit &/or install causing this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @Arleneinglis72, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the multiple issues you've experienced in your early days with Virgin Media

Can you please advise me if you're having issues with Wired connections, as well as Wi-Fi on the broadband connection? 

Do the TV issues effect all services or is it a particular service/function that's not working?

Is the set top box connected to the router via an Ethernet cable?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David 

the issue is broadband has failed 5 times now. Nothing to do with wireless or Ethernet cables. Although we do have both. The tv broadband and phone shuts down. The last time over the weekend when I had to work. No access to internet. Therefore lost money. Once again checked the app and was advised issues in your area. Engineers are working on this and will advise when up n running. As you can imagine I need the internet to be able to earn money to then be able to pay bills etc. but these past 5 times since nov 2021 is not good enough. We were promised the world after leaving our previous broadband provider. But we are not receiving the service we are paying for. I’m hoping moving forward we will no longer have issues. If we do then we will need to look for alternatives for broadband supply. As I really cannot afford to keep loose money because of a fault with virgin media. So you help and assurances would be appreciated. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I spotted this post by virtue of it being in the TV section, but the issue seems more one of broadband so I've moved it to the broadband section where others more familiar with that side tend to lurk. As a starter for six, I'll include my standard response to any similar query which should hopefully get you on the right lines...

1: Let's get all your modem stats.. Goto to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) but don't log in. Click on "router status", and copy & paste the data from each of the tabs.

2: If you haven't already, please setup a Broadband Quality Monitor and post a link to your live graph. It monitors your connection 24/7 and provides excellent diagnosis of any underlying issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

My husband received a telephone call this afternoon regarding issues with our broadband from virgin media. We discussed all issues with the internet. She asked us to hold while she checked out some issues. Put us on hold for 5-10 mins then cut us off. Still no outcome to this issues. This is ridiculous and beyond a joke on the service we are actually receiving. So what is actually going on now with these issues. Let’s hope we receive a call tomorrow to close this issue off. Very unhappy customer. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Arleneinglis72 wrote:

My husband received a telephone call this afternoon regarding issues with our broadband from virgin media. We discussed all issues with the internet.

Was this a spam call along the "we have detected problems and must help you" lines? Usually from Indian scammers.

Or genuinely VM's outbound people?

We're sorry for the frustration caused and of the recent experience you had over the phone with outr team @Arleneinglis72, an answer to the question posted by @japitts would be more welcome.

Looking into your local area, there doesn't currently appear to be an outage present.

Have you set up a BQM as also previously advised? 

Are you able to ensure that all cables are finger tight and a pin hole reset is performed on the hub?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I’m so frustrated with virgin media. I lost money as the internet did not work while I was suppose to be working. Yet we are still going round in circle. We should not be paying the full bill this month of £49. We should be receiving some form of discount. 5 times without internet access is not good enough. Wish I never moved to virgin media. They do not care about the customer service. Just promise you the world and take your money. But when something goes wrong do nothing. Will be looking elsewhere once our contract expires. Please close my case out and we will take the hit for your incompetence 

Hi @Arleneinglis72

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, can I just confirm when you say 'close my case out' do you mean this thread? 

We are happy to look into this with you and see if we can diagnose any issues with your connection and resolve them but we do need you to follow our steps given in the thread. 

If you do not wish to continue with these steps that is of course your choice and absolutely fine, but if you do want to try and get this matter resolved please do let us know. 

Thank you.