Menu
Danblaggers
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No broadband for over 24 hours

Been suffering with ultra low speeds (next to none existent, worse than dail up in the 90's). The worst part is not being able to register the fault and constantly being sent round in circles following the exact same systems that do not get you where you need to be. But instead feel like they are designed to get you frustrated so you give in. Awful customer service with an even worse website. 

Whenever i go on service status on website it states that there is no issues in my area, so I run a test - The result is that they are aware of a fault in the area that could be affecting us and that engineers are working on it. But there is no option to register that your service is not working (which i have done in the past). My wife checks the service status on her phone via the post code, to which no faults are recognised in the area, 3 green lights. 

So I try to call to get more information. 1 hour and 15 minutes later still on hold and with not knowing how much the call was costing me i gave up on this option. 

Then tried the message service through the connect app. 12 hours after posting a message I have a response. The kind person states that I will need to be put onto technical so I go into another queue.

3 and half hours later I get a message from technical. Who states that there is an issue in the area which is being worked on but no estimated fix time can be given. Instead the operative said they could send me an email where I could register a fault which would keep me informed. OK fair enough, so I wait almost an hour for the email to come through only for it to be no help what so ever. As all it does is try to send me down the same channels I've already tried a thousand times (at least that's how it feels). 

So may question is how on earth do I register this fault? As all avenues via the website, call and chat all lead to a dead end. With the service status still saying there are no issues in my area, chat cannot confirm that the fault they seen is related to my service and call, well that is just a waste of time and money. 

Virgin media customer service is dreadful and so is their broadband service. We are always going through issues similar to this in our area with very little answers or assurance. This whole episode is enough for me to leave them behind once and for all and go to another provider.

Any suggestions on how to register this fault would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband for over 24 hours

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually only covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

Also on that number there is the option to register the fault for compensation.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Danblaggers
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband for over 24 hours

Thank you for your response.

Tried the 0800 number. It did tell me that they are working on a fault in the area but didn't give me an option to register the fault. 

I can only guess that they currently disabled this option as could of been becoming to costly. 

Thanks again 

0 Kudos