cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Virgin Media wall socket at installation - M100 Fibre Broadband

tolga
Joining in

I've just moved into a property and I'm trying to set up my Virgin M100 Fibre Broadband. I'm at the stage where I need to plug the isolator cable into the Virgin Media wall socket. However, I do not have any of the specified wall sockets available. I was told when purchasing the broadband that fibre was available here and already in use, so am wondering if I'm missing something.

See attached photo of the sockets I have available. Please help as I have no internet and I need it for work urgently. Thank you!

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-03 at 11.03.10 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-08-03 at 11.03.05 PM.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I guess I should have just waited, after 24 hours the internet became available itself

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The isolator cable should push over the spare F-connector port on the splitter you have in your hand. Don’t worry that it is not a threaded plug. These are designed to push over the screw thread on the socket.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I guess I should have just waited, after 24 hours the internet became available itself

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey tolga, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to see you are struggling to get your equipment up.

How have you gone on with the tips nodrogd advised has this been any help?

Please do let me know and we can look into if you are still struggling. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?