cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Upload speed increase..

locky1
Dialled in

locky1_0-1686581381586.pnglocky1_1-1686581429059.png

I'm in area 30 and my online account says I should have 104 upload but I'm still stuck at 52 and I have rebooted a few times.. So whats going on Virgin?

86 REPLIES 86

Thank you for taking the time to do this, so I don't have to.

VM 1st line "support" don't realise that if someone puts their Hub into modem mode often they have more appreciation of how networks work than the average punter and their concerns are genuine and well founded.

I have absolutely no idea what effect, if any, it ultimately has on their testing. I just want to speed things along while I'm here. Will probably make a last minute change and revert before I leave the country for my holiday and give this project up as a bad job, maybe reboot the modem remotely (by VPN) if there's news. Hopefully I won't disconnect myself in the process, as would rather the connection is running the whole time I'm away. Hopefully VM won't disconnect it either, perhaps trying to get me to install a new hub ...

Hi @locky1,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message to discuss further. The speed increases are being rolled out gradually, meaning some properties will have the increase whilst others won't.

You'll be notified when the increase will go ahead for you if it hasn't already.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

What kind of time frame are we talking and are RFoG customers (like myself) actually going to get the increased upload?

I  received an email on the 2nd June 2023, saying "Enjoy an upload speed boost on us" and a month later I still haven't got it, how much longer do I need to wait? I tried raising this as a fault with with the ever helpful (sic) support team to be told my "complaint" was an Ofcom one and I would need to wait 30 days before I could claim compensation.

adeysmrs
Tuning in

I am also in Area 30 and my upload is no faster than 52 at best even though i am on Gig1 so should have 104 upload also the download as still after nearly a month not gone above 600 via ethernet most days i am getting slower than when i was on 250 broadband sort this out VM

Untitled.jpg

I am in area 20 and have no upload speed improvement, is there anyone who has got the 104 upload speed boost?

nick97
Tuning in

Also in area 30 on M500, received the email regarding speed boost on 1st June instructing to reboot the router.

After many, many reboots the Hub 3 is still configured to max upload traffic rate of 38520000

Virgin account/package is showing as 52Mbps average upload speed on the customer login

Hi @IllLustration,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your ongoing speed and connection issues – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I too am in area 20 with 1 gig and am still getting 52 meg upload instead of the 104 meg. I have given up rebooting the hub and will wait for an email.