Menu
East49
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New to VM - Broadband dropping out

I switched from BT to VM last Monday and have been experiencing my broadband dropping out several times a day which is making working from home very difficult. 

Is this common? I am starting to regret my decision to change having got through the last few months at home without a problem with BT. It was just a bit slower.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New to VM - Broadband dropping out

How are you connecting your device[s], Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
East49
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike - with wifi

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You may be as well refining your Wi-Fi management, it will certainly help keeping track of your Wi-Fi frequencies.

Best done with a cable connected device.

Instructions for Hub 3

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name [SSID] > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name [SSID] > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

When you connect the devices do it at the furthest point from the Hub that the device will be used.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post East49 and welcome to our community.

How are things since your post?

Have you tried the above suggestions?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
East49
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still just as bad. I have not tried these things because I don't understand them. Why does it require me to try and bodge it. You need to fix it not me. I've been a customer 2 weeks and I am utterly sick of it already. 

I want to leave Virgin and return to BT. I am sick of trying to contact you and complain. Your website is no help. i've tried calling and get the same message repeated over about there being a fault and then I am cut off. I have tried logging a complaint on line and no one has got back to me. I am so frustrated and disappointed. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@East49 wrote:

Still just as bad. I have not tried these things because I don't understand them. Why does it require me to try and bodge it. You need to fix it not me. I've been a customer 2 weeks and I am utterly sick of it already. 

I want to leave Virgin and return to BT. I am sick of trying to contact you and complain. Your website is no help. i've tried calling and get the same message repeated over about there being a fault and then I am cut off. I have tried logging a complaint on line and no one has got back to me. I am so frustrated and disappointed. 

Here is the address to send your cessation of contract to

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,

Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road,

Nottingham,

Nottinghamshire,

NG2 3GG

I strongly advise that you use Royal Mail Signed For 1st Class.

0 Kudos