Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New printer

I’m giving up with my current printer and the “too fast” Wi-Fi issue. Does anyone know if there are similar problems with all Canons? I’m now looking at the 

Canon Pixma G4511.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New printer

Who or what says the Wi-Fi is "too fast" ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Canon, confirmed by previous answers on this forum, here’s the last one:

Re: Connecting a Canon Printer - speed too fast!

Yes. If the printer has only a single band WiFi device it cannot be fooled by a band that it cannot see. 

The problem seems to be with the 'smart' WiFi router that for some reason having found the printer on 2.4Ghz tries to connect it on 5GHz. Having failed to find it there it drops the connection altogether.

The solution is to switch off the smart WiFi and use different SSIDs for the two bands. Then manually connect each client to the most appropriate band.”

I really don’t want to be bothered with fiddling around, just want to be able to print occasionally. 

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@NajT wrote:

Yes. If the printer has only a single band WiFi device it cannot be fooled by a band that it cannot see. 

The problem seems to be with the 'smart' WiFi router that for some reason having found the printer on 2.4Ghz tries to connect it on 5GHz. Having failed to find it there it drops the connection altogether.

The solution is to switch off the smart WiFi and use different SSIDs for the two bands. Then manually connect each client to the most appropriate band.”

I really don’t want to be bothered with fiddling around, just want to be able to print occasionally. 

You've identified a potential solution to your issue but can't be bothered to try it? Really?

If you change your mind and wan't to give it a go see post #2 in this thread for instructions in separating your WiFi channels:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Separate-2G-and-5G-channels-on-Hub-3/m-p/41...

It may save you the expense of a new printer (unless you're just looking for an excuse/reason to get a new one 😁).

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@NajT wrote:

Boggles the mind that you can't spent 10 minutes resolving your issue, yet you can spend that amount of time moaning about it!

0 Kudos