Menu
Monsey1111
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New fibre installed and no speed!

Engineer arrived on time as promised and was brilliant! Have opted for 500meg package for work and gaming. He left 2 hours ago and now less than 1 on the speed test?? Will this fix itself or is there an issue? 

we have the hub 3 🤷🏼‍♂️

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New fibre installed and no speed!

Was everything working fine to your satisfaction before the Tech left? Are you connecting to the network ok on wifi and by ethernet - and its just a speed issue?

How are you running the speed tests and on what devices? What are the Hub lights showing/doing ?

Check your service status on... 0800 561 0061

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Monsey1111
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah was all working at 460mbps and after he left seen it slow down, speed test with Ethernet is 1.59mbps download and on WiFi is 0.69 mbps download 🤷🏼‍♂️ Spoken to VM and engineer on way tomorrow. It was just installed so no idea what’s up, been reset etc and still nothing 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try a couple of things - nothing to lose...
Do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends. Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box No nails piercing the cable insulation) .

Then do a Hub “pinhole reset” Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the rear reset pin in firmly to its "stop point" a with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it there for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. See if that improves it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Monsey1111
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, all looks good and done a full reset with the online guys nothing happening. Will have to wait fir an expert to come tomorrow 

cheers

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Monsey1111,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having with your broadband services, I have been able to locate your account and can see that you had an engineer visit recently.

Was the engineer able to resolve the issues that you've been having or do we need to look into this further for you?

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos