Menu
ethanjavier23
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

New customer broadband speed

327AFD0E-397F-4DD8-A7B2-C002F1EA49AA.jpeg

Right i’ve tried every other method, its impossible to get through to someone who isn’t reading off a script and cannot sort this over live chat, i’m hoping someone could help me on here please!!!!

We joined Virgin Broadband M100 last week. The broadband has been abismal, minimum speed is meant to be around 50 i can tell you even connected with an ethernet cable CAT 6 i just bought it struggles to get past 30 sometimes, upstairs on my girlfriends ps4 lucky if she gets 1mbps. We noticed that the cable is connected to a box that says CABLE AND WIRELESS, and the outside box is brown and says NYNEX. We wondered if this could be why as it seems to be very old so Virgin sent an engineer round and as he got here he refused and cancelled the job as this is not something he should be doing during lockdown?? We’re thinking of leaving if this isn’t sorted out in a few days its an absolute joke. Cannot even load videos upstairs. Can anyone help me please? 

thank you 😁

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New customer broadband speed

names on internal and external box is irrelevant also age of them assuming the signal is correct - so start with some info

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

you are testing wired you say - on what device

Tony
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you're struggling with speed even over an ethernet connection, then the problem lies with VM's network.  If they can't/won't fix it, then consider using your 14 day cooling off period....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ethanjavier23
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

On a brand new work laptop and tried on a ps5 too. Am i doing the downstream upstream connected through ethernet or should I do it wireless? I’m not very clued up on it. Thank you for the reply

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

As Tony has said, can you post your network stats

0 Kudos
ethanjavier23
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried going to that IP address but i can’t do what he says about not logging in it only gives me an option to log in

0 Kudos
ethanjavier23
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

There isn’t an option to not log in? It asks me what language then to type in my password nothing else on screen. 

0 Kudos
ethanjavier23
Joining in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

706A2090-9D22-4377-A949-5BD69C140A23.jpeg

 i set one of these monitors up the other day too if this is any help

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

set the language and log in that sets things up - the levels are there if you wander round - if its a hub3 then you can log out and you should be able to get the levels as below

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its a hub4 then you have to log into the hub

Tony
0 Kudos
ethanjavier23
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

91591B83-35B3-481B-B564-F5BED431FDEE.jpeg

Ok i managed to do it thank you. Can someone explain what is on this and how bad/good is it. And does anyone know whst the monitor means that I posted ? Thank you here is the picture for downstream and upstream

0 Kudos