cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract

denise1967
Joining in

Hi.

I have taken out a new broadband deal which they offered me.

order date  22/10/2023

estimated activation date 25/10/2023

my speed has still not been increased.

Cheers

Ian.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From memory it can take up to 14 days for this to be actioned.   You can check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From memory it can take up to 14 days for this to be actioned.   You can check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

denise1967
Joining in

Its still showing the old speeds. Iwill wait another week see if it changes.

thanks for the help.

Be careful about waiting too long. I would advise you to open a complaint as soon as possible, and be mindful of your cooling off period.

Virgin are over-selling bandwidth that they can't actually provide. I'm paying for 1Gig and I'm lucky if I get above 50 Mbps during the evenings when their networks are congested.

Hi @denise1967, thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to hear the speed increase hasn't been actioned 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel