Menu
xmo0sie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New connection speeds

good morning,

i recently upgraded my service to the 500mb package last week. i was told this should all be in place ready to go by saturday, it's now tuesday and i have the same speeds as i did before.

I have tried resetting the router, (turning it off and back on again) and am struggling to find any direction what to do next,

cheers

nate

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New connection speeds

Are you testing wired or wireless? If wired make sure your Ethernet cable is Cat5e or better and that your PC/Laptop network card is 1Gbps or better.

Can you go into your router settings "Check router status" and copy and paste the "configuration" tab here so we can check if you are on the M500 package?

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
0 Kudos
xmo0sie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New connection speeds..

hi conman,

i am testing this on a cat 6 ethernet and i have a 2.5 gig network card... 

As for the router status config tab:

General Configuration

Network access
Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
Enabled
DOCSIS Mode
Docsis30
Config file
rkldJKDHSUBsgvca69834ncxv9873

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID192
Max Traffic Rate230000061
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID191
Max Traffic Rate22000061
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0
Max Concatenated Burst42600
Scheduling TypeBestEffort
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You're still on M200 package mate. You will need to contact them.

Best to ring Virgin on or just after 8am on 0345 454 1111 or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, but unfortunately this will typically be between 5-10 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are. If you decide to call it in it will run through a few automated options and after that ring back again and it should recognise that you have rang previously and then put you in the queue for a Virgin representative 🙂

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
xmo0sie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ok thanks for that, is changing to the other package something that is done over the phone?> or does it require an engineer to come out and sort things?
0 Kudos
Doudar
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just upgraded my BB and TV using the web chat feature. Was quick and easy and had the new 500M BB speeds and TV channels within 10 minutes.

JohnD
Strangely strange yet oddly normal.
0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@xmo0sie wrote:
ok thanks for that, is changing to the other package something that is done over the phone?> or does it require an engineer to come out and sort things?

No need for an engineer mate, should be and usually is straight forward over the phone 🙂

xmo0sie
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for your response. After speaking to the lovely guys at the other side of the pond it is apparent that I've been mislead into upgrading my broadband... I was told that this should all be fitted Saturday the latest, which is what I agreed to, but it turns out that because I cancelled the TV it is solely classed as a downgrade and now takes 30 days to changeover... I explained that this wasn't what I agreed to and the only alternative they gave me was to cancel everything...

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @xmo0sie 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your speed upgrade.  

Have you decided if you are going to stay with us?  

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos