Menu
swindoner
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New Hub 3 drops speed drastically after two minutes

Hi, I swapped out my Hub2a to a Hub3. Nothing wrong with the former except I needed the Hub3 for the VM Connect app in order to scan for coldspots to determine where to put VM extender points.

Anyway, I plugged in the Hub3 and all was fine initially that evening. Same location for the hub, same cables. Next morning we noticed the speed had dropped from around 210mpbs to 1.3mpbs. After reset, back up to 210-ish Mpbs and then 2 minutes later its down to 1.4-ish. Called tech support and they advised the same process, did some tests and the same result. Also checked cables etc and the same thing happened. So called tech support and they are trying to assist but no joy. reset always improves for about 2 mins or less and then drops to 1.4-ish.

(tech support even asked me to try speedtest.net from another browser. this didnt do anything of course as we had been using speedtest across different devices when testing.)

I get the same using an ethernet cable to a laptop. I get the same if its 3 devices or 9 devices linked. i have moved the hub and taken out a second ethernet cable (burglar alarm) and its sat nicely in the middle of the room and still no joy.

I dont believe in coincidences, so it must be the equipment? Unless anyone else has other knowledge? VM are going to monitor for a few days. Not much help really as we have 4 adults working from home.

The trouble with monitoring for a few days at their end is that it kicks the can down the road before we can resolve this. Not much I can do perhaps. grateful for any advice.

0 Kudos
swindoner
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub 3 drops speed drastically after two minutes

PS - Not sure if it makes a difference but the incoming cable has a 15db forward path attenuator on it. This has always been in place across various routers, so i presume its meant to stay there, but if anyone knows any different please shout...

0 Kudos