Menu
zambo
Dialled in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New Entry on Wi Fi List

I contacted 150 about slow speeds, was getting about 3rd of what I am paying for. They said they would look into it. A couple of days later pc was much faster, but I noted that my other wi fi devices lost contact with internet. When I checked against my id were two entries one 2g and the other 5g. I managed to hook up everything apart from my Amazon Echo to 5g. I'm pleased about the improvement but where is the communicaion? Still sruggling with Echo.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Entry on Wi Fi List

What Hub model do you have ?
If you think that you have a BB speed problem, then to check the speeds coming in to your Hub properly, and whether they match what you should be getting, you cannot rely on wifi tests, you need to do it this way first.
Make sure your device has a gigabit network card and has the up to date drivers. Use a new Cat5e/6a ethernet cable to connect it to the Hub - which you have put into modem mode (to ensure only your device is connected). Then, boot up your device into "safe mode with networking" (to disable any software on it that could be limiting speeds) and run the test at speedtest.net on 2 different browsers one of which is a fresh download of one you haven’t previously used (e.g. Firefox, Opera, etc).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos