Menu
BOTTHEELDER
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New 360 box errors on playback catchup etc

Recently had 2 x V6 boxes “upgraded” to 360 box plus mini box. Basic functions OK but lots of problems using Catchup or other playback options. Error codes including CS2505, CS2517. Playback not possible messages, IPlayer constantly stopping and starting and failing completely. Buffering message shown on itv hub playback. Network connection shown as SLOW!. No information provided anywhere but obviously a speed problem with my 100 meg connection. In house network Ethernet.

Software 4.26.

Need some help

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New 360 box errors on playback catchup etc

Nobody seems to have much gen on these things so a few questions if I may.

Does the 360 Box connect to the co-ax ?

Can you connect the 360 Box to the Hub with an ethernet cable ?

How does the 360 Box communicate with the 'mini box' ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
BOTTHEELDER
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

360 box connects to coax and connects via ethernet to hub and mini box. Ethernet overpower using tp-link boxes to carry Ethernet LAN around my house. Exactly the same as previous TiVo V6 boxes used to communicate. Hub and mini box also connect to their own coax cables. All exactly as it was before “upgrade”. Hope this clarifies things.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It makes me wonder why they have done this, but hey ho.

What is the Mini Box used for ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

have you done a speed test on the new boxes?
There's one built into diagnostics and Netflix has a really good one in help too.

Is the box connected directly to the hub or over your TP link powerline? Have you tried WiFi?
0 Kudos
BOTTHEELDER
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

360 box is connected to hub via tp-link Ethernet over power connection. 360 box coax link seems suspect. On 360 box problems with Channel 5HD (105)....unable to watch channel or do recording. This channel is fine on our mini box in the bedroom. Improvements can be made by moving coax cable. Only found this late last night so will call to get engineer visit to check this cable.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi BOTTHEELDER,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue on your 360 box. I have taken a look on our side and I cannot see anything showing as being at fault. 

Can you confirm all the cables are securely connected? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
BOTTHEELDER
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

All cables connected OK when initially inspected, merely moved across from TIVO V6 connections when 360 and mini boxes swapped in. However problems receiving channel 5HD [105] traced to connecting cable between 360 box aerial socket and coax cable. Moving cable caused signal breakup on 360 box with this channel. Have swapped with same cable on mini box where no issue evident.
However ongoing issues with 360 box. Various errors still evident on 360 box including:-
Inability to delete saved programs when on 360 box; msg received saying 360 box offline. Can delete from mini box though?

Also extremely disappointed with the fact that this new setup is not as capable as our previous one with two TIVO v6 boxes connected together.
For example there is no ability to only record new programs and stop recording reruns.

I am extremely disappointed with Virgin Media as there are no instructions or diagnostic information and as a long standing customer I am being treated like a guinea pig and am having to pay full price for a much lower grade service. Attempts to talk to someone about reverting to my previous V6 set up have so far only resulted in being cut off after an hour waiting for the Faults team. Really not impressed with this treatment.
2 buffering on
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information. I can certainly appreciate your frustration with the issues you're having. 

When you move the cable do any other channels get affected?

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the new boxes. We continually take feedback onboard and so I will pass this onto the relevant team. 

^Martin

0 Kudos