Menu
Haery24
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New 350mbps WiFi SLOW?

2 days ago my new Virgin Media Hub 3 box arrived, its 350mbps it’s an ultrafast fibre broadband and ‘perfect for gaming’ as it states. One of the reasons I got it  

For 2 days now the WiFi just drops constantly, I can’t even get a test with Ookla either, the WiFi works but such a bad speed I’m only getting 8mbps, I feel absolutely robbed it’s disgusting. My mum is an NHS worker and we need WiFi, hence why I bought a new deal with better speeds because our old 200mbps was slow and yet again it’s exactly same. And with the apps, they don’t even work, every single time I try to ‘reboot WiFi’ or ‘run diagnostics’ it just says a stupid error saying oops couldn’t find your WiFi... even though it’s working and my account is verified etc. I loved virgin media but now it’s nothing but misery. This is the time where you need internet, but they can’t provide that being the top U.K. company for WiFi. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New 350mbps WiFi SLOW?

what speeds do you get wired

if you were not getting the full speeds before upgrading will not make it any faster

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Haery24
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well my old 200mbps router got me around 80 on Ethernet (I had no problems with Ethernet) but now that the new router is here it struggles to get even 30mbps whilst on Ethernet or doesn’t pick it up at all, when I test it with WiFi it’s like 10mbps download but 36mbps upload. Even when I’m right next to it, for some reason it’s gotten worse even though it’s a faster new router which is the problem I’m having. Another problem is when something is wrong the VM app can’t diagnostic test to find the problem which don’t help. But I’m sure that’ll get fixed or something soon. Unless something is wrong with my actual box then idk 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

what do you mean it doesn't pick up ethernet?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos