Menu
thebigmg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Never thought I would consider BT but changed my mind...

I had 500MB once!

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Never thought I would consider BT but changed my mind...

What speed do you get on https://speedtest.samknows.com/ with direct wired connection from PC/Laptop to router using a Cat 5e cable or better with a 1Gbps capable Ethernet network card?

1. Make sure the cable is Cat 5e or better
  2. Make sure your PC/laptop has a 1Gbps or better network card
  3. Make sure Hub is NOT in modem mode
  4. Disconnect all other Ethernet cables when running the test
***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
thebigmg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, but I've done every test, every connection tested. Literally my internet has worked great for 20 years. Unless the modem is dying this is a vm external problem.

I was just venting, roll on Hey Broadband being installed in Hemel.

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It probably is a VM issue, and it may well be easily fixable if it is a power or noise problem.  Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as text, not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I wish there were many more M500 customers leaving like that in my area. Would free up the bandwidth for myself 😎

Thanks for dropping by 😓

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What are wired speed tests like? Also please post your power levels (as described above), it could simply be a power level issue that is easily resolved.

0 Kudos