Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Network deterioration

Hi,

I've had a look at 'Service Status' in myvirginmedia and no issues are shown for broadband, however recently my broadband quality has gone from this a few weeks back:

20201014.png

to this (current):

20201113 live.png

I have also received the current quality chart for a neighbour on the same street (below) which shows a similar picture suggesting that it is an area problem. Please can I have some guidance on what I can do to get this investigated considering this is larger than just my connection.

20201113 5 Wag live.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network deterioration

You can either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It turns out today has been another frustrating one for our broadband connection. What was once a reasonable connection a month ago, now results in numerous dropped MS teams calls and variable web page loading performance. Before 08:00 in the morning it is fantastic, but then quickly degrades.

Out of frustration, I have just done three concurrent ping tests on my laptop, hardwired to the router.  What is usually all within 8 to 15ms (before 08:00 in the morning) is currently this:

Ping statistics for 9.9.9.9:
Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 100, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 361ms, Average = 74ms

Ping statistics for 1.1.1.1:
Minimum = 19ms, Maximum = 383ms, Average = 87ms

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
Minimum = 17ms, Maximum = 399ms, Average = 93ms

Below is my current BQM and below that the one for my neighbour (two doors down). It clearly looks like there is an issue in the area. Something that appears to be outside the control of the Virgin Help Line. 

20201123 live.png20201123 5 Wag live.png 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Further to the BQMs in my previous posts, I have also noticed that upload modulation degrades especially after 20:00 each evening. They are usually all at 64 qam but drop numerous times through the day now. See below screenshots from Saturday and Sunday night below.

IMG_0079.PNGIMG_0086.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@MikeRobbo wrote:

You can either call in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos