forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
AeA__AeA
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix freezing

I contacted this forum some 2 weeks or so ago re the problem of netflix freezing. An engineer was booked and visited and said there were no problems with speeds etc and the problem was that the wifi was struggling to get through as the hub was further away. 

I researched and purchased some boosters. This has worked for the last few weeks until tonight. To say I'm frustrated is an understatement.

What can I do? I don't want to try this or that as am not really that good with technology.

Should a Virgin Engineer be called again 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix freezing

Do you have anything connected to the Hub with Ethernet cable that you can run tests on?

Virgin do not cover issues with WiFi, however if you can prove the issue is internet connection you would be able to proceed with another engineer visit.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
AeA__AeA
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark

No don't think I do and wouldn't know what to do anyway.

The message I got was that I wasn't connected to the internet. I refreshed and was then reconnected but every time I went back in it kept freezing and one time only got to 25%. I did manage to get back in and watch a whole episode eventually.

Shouldn't the boosters have solved the problem

Thank you

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Boosters are usually poor. If you insist on connecting on wifi (rather than ethernet cables) you will need to invest in your own better quality wireless equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos