Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Need an engineer desperately!!

Been trying to get hold of someone for 4 days, left hanging on for over an hour each time. Been trying again since 11am today. Finally spoke to somebody around 2 who stated I have an issue and need an engineer. Was transferred and left hanging on for 80 minutes but no answer. Rang back again and yet again transferred to engineer department......no answer still hanging on 45 minutes later. HELP DESPERATELY NEEDED

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need an engineer desperately!!

This is "help forum" and not a hotline to VM - the VM staff can take up to a week to respond here. You will need to try calling in again - 08.00 is the best time - or you could try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and what the issue is and see what they say – replies may take a bit longer though.

If you give more details of what your equipment is and what specific issues you are having users on here may be able to help diagnose and fix the issue

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded to the M350 package but never get that speed, however now only getting maximum download 20mbps on 2g & around 60mbps on 5g. Two of us working on real time from home is not working. Have switched router on & off so many times it’s a joke. Have noticed when I take power socket out of router & put back in it sparks too! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As Mike is suggesting - if the wired connections are fine then you wont get an engineer visit - at best they might send a replacement Hub - but if the issue is just on wifi - it wont help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos