cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help: Internet Connection Issue with Broadband M250 during Hybrid Remote Learning

judywatson
Joining in

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm a total newbie when it comes to technology, and I'm currently facing a frustrating internet connection problem with Broadband M250 while trying to navigate through hybrid remote learning. I'm seeking some guidance from the experienced members of this community.

Here's what's going on: As a teacher in a hybrid remote learning setup, I've been using Broadband M250 for my internet connection. However, I'm experiencing frequent disruptions in my internet service, which is making it difficult for me to conduct seamless online classes.

Since we are doing a mix of in-person and online learning, having a stable internet connection is crucial to ensure that my students and I can connect effectively. But I'm not sure how to troubleshoot or resolve the internet connectivity issues I'm facing.

Can someone please explain how I can address the internet connection problem with Broadband M250 during hybrid remote learning? I want to ensure that I can deliver my lessons without any interruptions caused by the internet.

Here are some specific questions I have:

How can I check the status of my Broadband M250 connection to identify if there are any issues?
Are there any common troubleshooting steps I can take to resolve internet disruptions with this broadband service?
Could there be any potential factors within my home setup that might be affecting the internet performance?
I apologize if these questions sound too basic, but I'm really trying my best to adapt to this new way of teaching and using technology. Your patient and simple explanations would be a huge help to me.

If any of you have experience with Broadband M250 or have dealt with similar internet connection issues during hybrid remote learning, I'd be incredibly grateful for your support. Please share your tips, suggestions, or any resources that might assist me in overcoming these internet challenges.

Thank you all so much for your understanding and assistance. I'm looking forward to becoming more tech-savvy with your help!

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The best way to do this is to not use wifi - it is flakey at best.

Simply run a good quality Cat6a ethernet cable from the VM hub to the device (computer/laptop) you are running the session on.  And assuming all is well at VM's end it will all work seamlessly.  When the session is over - unplug the cable and put it in a drawer until next time. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/rhinocables%C2%AE-Shielded-Snagless-gigabit-ethernet-Black/dp/B00EONWEOO/

If your device has no ethernet RJ45 port (my Macs dont)! then you can buy an adapter for any port it does have  - USBc  ? - most likely on newer kit - USB3 on older stuff.  Search Amazon - These work perfectly well.

We can advise on how to improve the VM Hubs wifi  signal as well... but that really is second best for something this important

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

cje85
Trouble shooter